Thursday, December 3, 2009

12 Gifts of YA #1: Adolescence 2.0


BEST. GIFT. EVER.

Seriously--I can watch John Hughes movies (research), or SUPERBAD (research) and take YouTube recommendations from my students (research), like "I'm On a Boat" and "Dick in A Box" (OMFG ROFLMAO), plus I can curse and wear Chuck Taylors and text (at which, for the record, I suck). Yeah, other grownups do this stuff. But do they do it for RESEARCH? For their JOB? Not likely! Ha ha. I rule.

Of course my teenage years were gross, for various reasons, just like most people's were. The biggest legacy of that time: a perpetual view as an outsider, even though I can appear very insider-ish. More about this in another post. But it begs the question: if my own adolescence sucked, why would I want to do it again?


Because it's BETTER this time--different people, more money, no parents, a less isolated place, and a much better mindset, because the stakes are lower. I am having SO MUCH MORE FUN. More on that later, too. I was waywaywaywayway too serious.

Plus there are fewer pimples and less boyfriend angst.
Schwing!

1 comment:

  1. Ummmm....I noticed the absence of Jizz in my Pants in your list of most excellent SNL videos. Hard to say for sure, but possibly funnier than DIAB.

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4pXfHLUlZf4

    ReplyDelete