Tuesday, November 23, 2010
early post: gratitude, of course
I wrote a post. It was too deep and convoluted. I scratched it.
Since I won't be near a computer this weekend, here are some things I am grateful for. There are only a zillion more, so it's just a sampling. I like living in gratitude, not that I succeed all the time, but I try. You waste less time plotting people's demises.
So, here goes:
1) the traditionals: health, family, friends, job (I'd like less of the job, please)
2) pumpkin pie, pumpkin bread/muffins, pumpkin pie Blizzards from DQ, and pumpkin malts from Culver's
3) books--they save me, help me, amuse me, annoy me, and make my life whole
4) the women in this photo--all 2009 Debs--and the diversity of thought and experience they brought me during our YALSA weekend this month
5) #4 repeated again and again, related to all my writer friends and acquaintances. I heart writers a million times over.
6) the TaTas, my writing group, who deserve awards for how good they make my writing
7) Flux, my publisher--awesome and extraordinary
8) my agent, Amy Tipton--also awesome and extraordinary
9) lemon water (do I always mention this? I think so)
10) my students, who give me amazing character ideas and make me laugh
Happy Thanksgiving, American friends. I'm grateful for you, of course.
In the photo, l to r in back: Neesha Meminger, me, Malinda Lo, Megan Frazer. In front, Olugbemisola Rhuday-Perkovich, Cynthea Liu, Lauren Bjorkman. We had a ton of fun!