Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Loving on the lovers 1: Bernice Ellis


After my rant yesterday, I decided to shape up my act. And really, that rant was mild. Monday night I scared my class when I ranted about haters (or asshats, as I unkindly called them). Last night I hated on abusive Catholic priests for a while, and made myself cry.

But no more! For the rest of the month, here on the blog: loving on the lovers. You may want to tune out if cheerfulness is not your thang.

Today's love situation: Bernice Ellis (91 years of coolness, BTW), local bowling wizard, who's been bowling since 1939 and rolled a 187 at ONE of her leagues last week. And she's blind. Her teammates have to tell her what pins she's hit. Full story here.

I couldn't roll a 187 with gutter bumpers, so Bernice, you have my utmost admiration.

Tune in soon for another appreciation moment! It's cheese wiener, I know. But I like it. And I don't feel angry.

1 comment:

  1. My grandma! And Kristin, I work in Palo Alto, so I was blown away to read your Gunn High School post as well! Besos!

    ReplyDelete