Tuesday, February 2, 2010

I've got something you want


Oooh, what is it? Is it really something you want? Yes. Yes it is.



It's an ARC of WILL GRAYSON, WILL GRAYSON, John Green and David Levithan's latest, which comes out in April.

Would you like it to be yours?

Then think like Gabe, my music wonk protagonist.

And post (in the comments, of course) the song you feel is The Best Song of The Entire/Your Universe, plus WHY. It's the "why" part that will get me interested--I like a good justification. Doesn't have to be a song I know (I can investigate), and it doesn't even have to be musically astute (ever heard Tom T. Hall's "I Love"? Corny as hell, but it makes me smile every time). It just has to be perfect to *you*.

Ready? Go. Contest open until 11:59 on Monday, Feb 8.

Can't wait to see what you choose!

3 comments:

  1. Awesome. WGWG and a fun contest! Okay so my song...

    Well I think I would have to pick You Gotta Have Faith by George Micheal. It's wicked catchy and can remove just about any unwanted song from your head.

    Mostly though, I have a deep appreciation for songs that you can clap along to. This is probably because I can't dance or sing but I can work a really good clap. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. "Maggie May" by Rod Stewart.

    When I was a skinny, angst-ridden, spikey-haired, fashion-forward teen, I developed a lifelong habit of crushing on women who were a little more worldly and experienced than I was. Maggie May was my anthem of teenage rebellion---my way of thumbing my nose at the twerpy little small-town girls who wouldn't give a bloke like me the time of day.

    I did eventually meet my Maggie. And though she's never wrecked my bed, she has kicked me in the head a few times. ;-) She stole my heart, but I love her anyway.

    ReplyDelete
  3. "Good Riddance (Time of Your Life)" by Green Day

    I think I will forever love this song. It was part of my going away gifts when I moved from my friends.

    That and it is a song about going out and having fun, taking charge, and living your life no matter what it brings. What isn't awesome about that?

    ReplyDelete